Public Group Classes
At Yoga South, our experienced, passionate instructors teach various class styles and intensities. The uniqueness of each teacher’s personalized class experience allows us to offer a Yoga experience that focuses around our studio’s core values.
We currently offer a variety of different public classes to help students of varying backgrounds and experience levels enjoy a class that is both physically challenging and refreshing for the most transformational internal and external fitness.
Learn more about the different class styles that we currently offer in our Daily and Weekly Classes:
- Level 1 – A gentle flow introducing the traditional poses and fundamentals including; body alignment, breathing techniques and modifications. The intention is to build confidence and prepare our new students for more challenging classes as well as for existing students wanting to deepening their practice 60 minutes.
- All Levels – An improvisational free flow, vinyasa class. All welcome, beginner, intermediate or advanced with safe options for everyone. 90 minutes
- Yin – is a revitalizing and mindful practice that works deeply into the muscles, connection tissues and joints through passive extended holds of the postures. All poses are passive, however can be quite challenging due to the long duration of holding. It is suitable for all levels and a perfect compliment to “yang” activities such as running and sports training or our vinyasa classes. 60 minutes.
- Happy Hour – flow with attention given to proper alignment, modifications, designed for all students wanting obtain a more detailed understanding of the practice. 60 minutes
- Slow Flow – Guided through asanas slowly and mindfully, holding little longer providing greater awareness of fundamentals and deeper releases. – can be intense, yet designed for all levels 75 min
- Community Class – A community service making Yoga affordable for every individual. Come to class regardless of your finances. Beginners and all levels are encouraged to attend. Donation class, pay what you can afford. 75 minutes
- Connected Warriors – A free weekly yoga class for active, inactive and retired military, with Ralph Iovino and Judy Weaver. This free yoga class focuses on learning skills proven to help you connect to the present – leaving anxiety behind while learning to feel safe and in control. By lowering your hyper-vigilance and your reaction to noise and stress, you will sleep better and have more control over your emotions. All military personnel welcome!! Dedicated to the Memory of Beau MacVane, Army Ranger (1976-2009)
- Yoga with Weights – Yoga with weights is an hour class focusing on strengthening/defining the muscles and opening areas where most experience tightness. This is a fun, high energy class; All Levels Are Encouraged and Welcomed!!! This is a non-traditional, Functional Core Strengthening Program, inspired by yoga, strength, and dance. Class starts with tempo moving Sun Salutations for the warm-up, then we start moving with light weights in the hands and on ankles. This class is designed to get deep in the core and sculpt the muscles without tearing the tissues. Lifting heavy weights gives a beautiful physic but can be very tightening, cause stiffness, soreness, and takes away from our flexibility. Doing this type of workout in corporation with yoga practice, you will experience feeling lighter on your hands, jumping forward and back, more open space, & a longer, leaner frame. You will work all of your muscles, sweat, & repeat (lots of reps)!! Come experience for yourself! Bring yoga mats, 1 big towel, 1 small towel, water, and your happy self! Let’s go!! 🙂
- StrongYoga – With the use of a dynamic prop called the Strongboard, our StrongYoga class will help you build more balance, stability and strength in your body, while creating a deeper connection to your breath and a heightened sense of “presence” while practicing. This class is structured as a flow, with the use of strengthening movements for areas of the body that are often missed in a traditional yoga class. The first time you step onto the Strongboard, it is normal to feel a bit unbalanced; however, the body-mind connection is immediate – this prop will engage your proprioceptors, allowing you to process movement in a way that makes you feel safer and stronger. Over time, you will learn to access poses with more awareness, cultivating the ability to develop a truly sustainable, life-long yoga practice. Because of a limited number of students, this class is a $13 drop in, outside of any unlimited passes. StrongYoga is both challenging and super playful. Please bring your yoga mat and child-like spirit to class!
NEW STUDENT PROMOTION – On first visit we offer a one- time introductory offer of:
- One Month Unlimited for $69.00
Group Class Rates:
- Single $20
- Series of 10 $140
- Series of 20 $260
- 1 month unlimited $160
- 3 month unlimited $380
Discounted Series Pricing: (academic teachers, students with ID and Yoga South Teacher Training graduates)
- Single $14
- Series of 10 $112
- Series of 20
- 1 month unlimited $128
- 3 month unlimited
6 Month Auto Renewal: (with a 6 month contract)
- unlimited Yoga – $120 per month,
Infrared Sauna Therapy:
- 20 minutes $20
- Series of 5 $70
- 40 minutes $35
- Series of 5 $140
* Student discount 20%
* New students on their first time visit can purchase a one time introductory offer of One Month Unlimited for $69.00.
Private Yoga Sessions
In addition to our public yoga classes, many of the teachers at Yoga South happily provide private lessons for individual practiconers or small groups.
The practice of yoga was originally taught on a one to one basis from teacher to student providing the yogi/yogini an opportunity to explore the depths of their own individual journey. It is especially wonderful for beginners new to the practice providing a strong foundation and a safe space to grow.
- $100 for 1 person
- $50 each for 2 people
- $40 each for 3 people
Private Appointment Cancellations
Please be punctual, late arrivals will be charged in full and granted only the remainder of the session. Standing appointments are accommodated. Cancellations are honored up to 24 hours before appointment time. Without notice of cancellation, your account will be charged the full amount of session.
If you are interested in booking a private class with one of our instructors, please contact Yoga South today and a member of our team will assist you with every aspect of your Yoga South experience.
Karma Yoga Program
Yoga South offers a Karma Yoga Program for students wishing to attend classes at yoga south in exchange for volunteering at the studio. Position for the program include studio cleaning, front desk, and retail sales.
Please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.